I am not a big drinker, but I do enjoy a Mike's hard lemonade at times. While shopping in PA, I realized none of the grocery stores had alcohol selections. Turns out you have to go to a state run store for wine/hard liquor, but can get Mike's at a beer distributor. I happened to have lunch one day next door to a distributor, so went in. The only way to buy Mike's was by the case! Since I'm not staying in one city long enough to use up a case and don't want to bother traveling with it, I gave up. They said I could go to a bar which had a "to go" section and buy a six pack, but I'd pay a premium price. But wait!! When I was in Wegman's (Trader Joe's on steroids), I saw an alcohol department, and sure enough--a six pack of Mike's at a fairly reasonable price. I had to buy my groceries, put them in the car, go back in to buy the Mike's and check out through a designated register, but I got it!! Whew!

No comments:
Post a Comment