Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Warts and all

Perhaps I should be on my face in repentance, but if I do get there--not yet.  I found out today someone lied to me.  Someone who's lied before.  Someone I trusted.  Loved.  And for some reason, believed again.  Well shame on me; it won't happen again.  I told him exactly what I thought.  At work.  In the hall.  (Very UN-Laura-like)  I got into my car to go home and sat there shaking.  Then I started the car, drove home, and realized I was calm.  More than calm.  Free.  I can let him go.  He is dangerous for me.  I know him so well; I don't know him at all.  I love him.  I will pray for him.  But I will no longer expect any manner of truth from him. 

So here I am, warts and all.  Smiling.

3 comments:

  1. Love you, Laura, "warts" and all!:-) I'm not surprised a sense of calm washed over you, as you freed yourself from something that was not bringing you good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you have to speak out and stand up for yourself ~ it takes that with certain kinds of people. You have to move away from toxic. Even though you feel it was very "un-Laura-like," I feel sure it was well-spoken, appropriate and quite deserved. Love you lady and praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh--sad for what brought you to that point, but glad that you are free. What a great photographic illustration.

    ReplyDelete