Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pump House (for 6/6)

When I was growing up, we lived out in the country and our "laundry room" was a shed outside called the pump house.  These days my mom has her washer and dryer in the house, and slowly the pump house is being reclaimed.  It's weird to have part of my past overgrown and unused and changed so much, but when I think about it, that really is a picture of the past 10 years or so of my life.  Everything I thought I knew about who I was and where I was headed has been pretty much overgrown and wiped out.  I look at this picture though, and think "this is different, but it's really sort of pretty."  Maybe one day I will be able to say in all honesty--instead of hope--the same thing about what my life has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment