Saturday, August 27, 2011

Grant Part 5K

This is certainly not the best photo ever, but it does document what I did today.  I walked the 5K, and as someone had told me would be the case, I beat some of the runners who were not able to run the entire course.  There were people who were so inspiring---obviously not runners, obviously not in shape, but determined to make the course.  I would be like to be in much better shape next year and do a better job, because it was fun to be out with a group.  I've accepted the fact that my ankle will never allow me to run, so that pressure is off.  :-)


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely day & a fun event! And no biggie if you can't run (I can't either, thanks to my feet) as you can still be very fit doing other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great photo--captures it perfectly. I blew out my knee in 1986 to end my running career. I love having that pressure off. Walking is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great perspective shot, Laura. I always struggle on these because I don't like to bring my big camera on 5Ks. I am contemplating a smaller camera for just those cases. Hmmm. Maybe an iPhone!

    ReplyDelete