Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Stone Mountain

The top of the mountain looks pretty much what I imagine a moonwalk would look like.  It's barren and slick--and a constant incline.  At the lower elevations there are trees, but the swath of rocks making up the path to the top is so wide that we were in the sun the vast majority of the hike up.


My son.  He obviously did not inherit the turn-beet-red-as-soon-as-you-start-an-outdoor-activity gene.  And he could have pretended to be out of breath, but no.  At least they were very gracious about giving me some breathing breaks.  :-)


3 comments:

  1. Very cool place, and quite a view! (And handsome son, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Stone Mountain! And my GA born husband says "swath" also--I don't think I have ever heard anyone else say that. Must be GA thing. We have never hiked up. Our kids are old enough now that we should try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that turn-beet-red as soon as I start doing anything gene, too. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete