Yes, we were on a path, but it was about only six inches wide. I met a few folks at 6:30 AM for a sunrise hike. It was so cloudy we did not see the sun rise, but it was much, much cooler at this hour. The humidity was probably 100%, so we still sweated like horses, but it was not oppressively hot. (Had to do a google search for the past tense of "sweat." I put "sweated" first, then thought it didn't sound right, then found that although that IS the correct word, it is apparently becoming more and more acceptable to use "sweat" at the past tense. I knew everyone would be riveted by this lesson.)
I didn't get photos of the most interesting part of the hike, which included a large poison ivy covered tree fallen across the path at steep angle. Try to climb over? Or scale the (wet) rocks next to it and try to avoid poison ivy while navigating down the steep incline (which was a V shaped "path") on the other side and jumping from about four feet up (and try not to keep going when you land, as you will tumble into the creek)? Well, everyone chose the steep rock route, so we are all now pretty familiar with each others' rear ends as it took a shove from behind (or a strong hand up for the last one) for us to make it up the steep, slick rocks. I *would* have taken photos, but my hands were pretty busy.
More photos here: Sunrise Hike

Nice to find a group to do something like that with. Great story! And I would have absolutely looked up the past tense of sweat, so thanks for sparing me the effort. :-)
ReplyDeleteI was riveted. How *did* you know? :/
ReplyDelete