Sunday, October 16, 2011

Occupy Atlanta (for 10/15)

(More photos at Occupy Atlanta ) I really have not been following the details of the "occupy Wall St." movement, as most days I find it takes all my attention just to occupy my own life.  Saturday morning I decided to go out to Woodruff Park in Atlanta, where they were "occupying Atlanta."  I hoped to get a feel for their attitudes, an idea of what they hoped to accomplish, something on which to base an opinion besides just a knee jerk reaction.  I am still processing what I saw, heard and felt out there.  These are just a couple of the photos I took, and I'd imagine there will be more to follow.  I have a good bit to say about the "story board" below, but I'm not yet quite sure what it is I want to say.  :-)

The top photo I took because I got the tents in the background, along with the park rules prohibiting camping in the foreground.  So far in Atlanta this has been a very peaceful venture, and the campers are keeping the park very clean.  The governor is treading carefully, not wanting it to turn violent--but wanting to require obedience to the law.  

I'm not ready to defend, debate or issue opinions yet, but one thing I know for sure I'd say:  To all my more conservative friends on FB who are issuing sarcastic soundbites--it's not as simple as you think.  To all my more liberal friends on FB who are issuing sarcastic soundbites--it's not as simple as you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment