Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday Hike

Well, this hike did not go as planned.  I went to my usual (fairly) early service at church and after an early lunch went out to Stone Mountain.  Rather than hike to the top, I planned to take the 5 mile loop.  I'd walked part of it before, around lakes and through the woods.  I did not start at the some point as before, so I was about a mile up the mountain (and I mean UP) before I realized I'd missed the trail somewhere.  Backtracking, I did find where I should have gone, but just a little way on that trail convinced me that I needed to put it on the shelf for today (not quite as easy in some places as in the part I've hiked before).  I'll probably enjoy it better on a day when I get an earlier start and don't climb a mile uphill before beginning.  Maybe next weekend...


1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous shot, though. Sounds like a good plan to start over on another day! Looks like the leaves will be even prettier next week.

    ReplyDelete