So it's mostly the animals and shepherds....and Epiphany is about the magi (among other things). If you look closely you can see one king (yes, I realize they were not there at the same time as the shepherds but I LIKE my nativity!). I shot these this morning on my way out the door, figuring they will go into storage for another year tonight.
That is beautiful. I'm happy there are 12 days of Christmas--I'm never too excited to get it put away. Love the creamy color.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful nativity!
ReplyDeleteMy mother went through a brief time of doing ceramics and made this for me almost 30 years ago.
ReplyDeleteWow! Your mom is amazing. Nice photo too.
ReplyDeleteWhile we put away most of our Christmas stuff we like keeping out at least one Nativity. They are special to me because my mom collected them from all around the world and she kept most of hers out all year long. It was her way of remembering how God is born into all peoples and cultures in a way they can understand.
ReplyDeleteI see him! I mix the shepherds and kings, too. This is a beautiful set... your mom did well!
ReplyDelete