Can snakes slither backwards? I heard a noise and looked down, and saw a snake slooooowly moving into the brush. When it stopped, I thought I was looking at the head end, which was *much* smaller than the part I saw disappearing into the undergrowth. I think maybe I interrupted its attempt to digest a meal. And I had such a pretty picture I had been planning to post.
Yikes! I'm impressed that you got a photo! I would have startled at something moving (especially a snake--which we have very few of here in Minnesota) and there would have been no shot.
ReplyDeleteOnce he got in this position he stayed there while I ran inside for my camera. I may as well name him...he was out there again today, except I very nearly stepped on him because although I'd slowed down to look, he was not as far into the yard as last time. He is a slow mover--maybe not long for this world.
ReplyDeleteThat definitely looks like the head and just a ways down looks like a bulge. I would think with their muscles the way they are, they could slither any way they want to. Ok, total snake-a-phobic here but his coloring/marking doesn't look like any of the harmless garden variety snakes I've seen. Be careful.
ReplyDelete