Monday, May 30, 2011

Trolley Neighborhood


Since talking to the trolley patrol guy the other night and finding out that trollies used to run through this neighborhood, I've begun noticing some houses using trolley shapes as a backing for the house number hanging on their porch.  This was an interesting piece of artwork I spotted on my morning walk today.

5 comments:

  1. Love this! So cute, and perfect light to capture all of the minute detail and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really delightful! I like the peace sign trolley wheels. Route 66! So much detail if you keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting combination of materials, colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting. You know, I do believe the show "Curb Appeal" (HGTV) did a show in your neighborhood a year or so ago. I remember the story about the history of the trolley cars and neighbors using them to display house numbers.

    ReplyDelete